Chief of Party, Laos
DAI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded enterprise development project in Laos. The Microenterprise activity will provide support to microenterprises, including those in the agricultural sector to access economic opportunity. The activities might include support to microfinance institutions to improve access to financial services that are tailored to the needs of microenterprises; reduce regulatory, policy, and barriers that limited growth opportunities for microenterprises; build capacity to microenterprises to improve quality, productivity and market potential as well as increase access to new markets.
- Provide overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project’s implementation for project staff in Laos, partnering organizations, host government, other donors, and stakeholders.
- Lead strategic development and oversight for leveraging capital to foster business development and promote entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Ensures quality monitoring and evaluation, regularly evaluate project results, and guide project implementation to achieve maximum impact.
- Oversee management of subcontracts/grants with international and local organizations to ensure full project integration and that deliverable targets are met.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual work plans, regular progress reports, and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Oversee the project’s financial compliance and procedures, ensuring compliance with established DAI’s accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Coordinate regularly with DAI headquarter and represent the organization at relevant events and meetings with government officials and the donor community.
- Proven experience leading projects focused on inclusive business solutions to sustainable economic growth, enhancing private sector growth through SMEs, expanding investment opportunities, and enhancing financial services for small business owners.
- Experience with business and investment challenges and opportunities that emerging markets present, and a passion for using market-based approaches to solve complex development problems.
- University degree in economics, finance, marketing, business administration, agribusiness, or related area, master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in international development, particularly on projects related to agriculture development, financial services, microenterprise development.
- At least 5 years’ experience as Chief of Party, Project Director, or similar senior management position for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries is preferred.
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations desired.
- Previous experience working in Laos or the region preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to LaosMTRecruit@dai.com with the position title Chief of Party in the subject line. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. The deadline for applications is March 15th, 2018.