Associate Project Officer (Infrastructure)
The ADB-Lao PDR Resident Mission (LRM) was established to assist its Headquarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming, and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB’s activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGOs, academic institutions, local think tanks, private sector and other members of the civil society.
Description of Responsibilities
The Associate Project Office (Infrastructure) will provide technical and operational support to the Lao Resident Mission (LRM) in loan/grant and technical assistance (TA) processing and administration, portfolio management and infrastructure sector work in public and private sector operations. Working closely with the LRM team, provide support to transport, energy, water, urban development and infrastructure components of agriculture, tourism, and education projects and programs.
Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
Specific criteria include
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of civil engineering, infrastructure finance, or related fields of expertise, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years of relevant infrastructure project management experience; related experience in international agencies and certification in Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) will be preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of ADB operational processes and procedures
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports
- Good analytical thinking
- Proficiency in operating computers and using ADB software packages, for performing word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and database applications
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with appropriate officials of host government, donor agencies and executing agencies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are desirable
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Very good oral and writing English communication skills.
The Asian Development Bank’s vision is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from about 67 members. The advertised position is a local staff position with a local remuneration package. It is open only to persons who are nationals and residents of Lao PDR. The position is for a 3-year fixed term appointment. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package applicable to local staff. While the position advertised is for the Lao PDR Resident Mission, ADB staff may be required to serve in any location outside the Resident Mission at the discretion of Management.
To apply, visit: https://adb.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=180173
Deadline for applications is on 27 March 2018.
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive environment.
Vacancy Reference Number: 180026