Lao Friends Hospital For Children
Director of External Relations
The Director of External Relations will be responsible for the implementation of agreed marketing plans and strategies designed to generate income and goodwill for LFHC. He/she will manage the hospitals key relationships with local and international organizations, businesses, benefactors and the general public. In addition, he/she will organize key hospital events, manage the Friends Gallery in Luang Prabang, and be involved in the preparation and submission of grant applications. He/she will be responsible for insuring that the local team implements the fundraising, marketing, sales and relationship building in accordance with the overall goals of LFHC and FWAB.
1) Implement agreed marketing plans and strategies designed to generate income and goodwill for LFHC.
2) Manage LFHC’s key external relationships. This includes, but is not restricted to, relationships with government and non-government organizations, businesses, donors and benefactors, the Lao Advisory Council as well as the general public. As these relationships are of utmost importance to LFHC, this will be done cooperatively with FWAB in a diligent, tactful and personable manner.
3) Manage the Friends Gallery in terms of staffing, marketing, communication, product procurement and sales.
4) Organize, publicize and assist with the conduct of significant hospital events. This may include events such as blood drives, anniversary celebrations, the Luang Prabang Half Marathon, the Luang Prabang gala, concerts, and other fundraising events.
5) Facilitate communication between LFHC, FWAB Japan and FWAB New York in order to ensure that general information, promotional material and specific events are shared accurately in a timely fashion.
6) Act as the primary liaison between LFHC and the FWAB New York regarding marketing and event administration which includes helping to facilitate visits to Luang Prabang and interactions with LFHC staff.
7) Identify and conduct activities to raise the profile of LFHC locally, nationally and internationally. This will be done in collaboration with the FWAB staff and may include the use of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), local fundraising, supporting international fundraisers and local community events.
8) Assist with the preparation of grant applications for specified hospital activities.
1) A university degree to bachelor level in business, international relations, public relations or a related field
2) Experience in marketing and business development
3) Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
4) Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a small team
5) Word processing and spreadsheet skills
1) Prior work in a developing country, ideally in a health-related field
2) Experience writing grant proposals
3) Experience with event management
4) Understanding of Lao culture
Application and Inquiries:
Please send CV with a cover letter to Rie TAI at FVC@fwablaos.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
Deadline : Mar 31st 2018
Province : Luang Prabang Province
Contact Name : Rie Tai
Contact Email : FVC@fwablaos.org