TITLE: Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist
REPORTS TO: Sr. Technical Advisor
LOCATION: Vientiane, Laos
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist.
FHI 360 seeks a Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist for an anticipated The Fleming Fund Country Grant for Laos-Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Laos. The Country Grant will address critical gaps in surveillance of antibiotic resistant bacteria in Laos. This grant will support implementation of national plans for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance, and will focus on selected number of AMR surveillance sites. We will work closely with local entities that are already involved in AMR surveillance, AMR/AMU oversight and improvement activities, local and national Technical Working Groups and national and regional reference laboratories for human and animal health, participating AMR/AMU surveillance sites, and other government and national and international non-government stakeholders, and UN agencies as well as Mott MacDonald, The Fleming Fund Management Agent.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for oversight of activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals. This position is based in Vientiane with frequent field visits (50 percent or more) in different parts of Laos. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, data analysis, report preparation and sharing of AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals.
- Provide technical assistance to reference and regional animal and human health laboratories and AMR/AMU surveillance sites to collect, refine and analyze the AMR/AMU surveillance data.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to national stakeholders and One Health and AMR/AMU TWG quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical leadership in mapping of distribution pathways of antibiotics in humans and animals.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to national and regional human and animal laboratories and AMR/AMU surveillance sites.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team on surveillance and M&E-related activities.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and three years’ experience or a Bachelor degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and five years’ experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or social scientific research and surveillance in public health
- Experience in standard statistical methods/tools in research and with quantitative and qualitative research method
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use in public health
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (spoken, written, typing)
- Knowledge and experience of AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply:
Deadline : Mar 31st 2018
Province : Vientiane Municipality