Country Programme Director – Aide et Action International (AEAI) – Laos
Aide et Action International (AEAI) is an international NGO, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. AEA International began its programs in India in 1981 and is now working in more than 20 countries across Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, South Asia, Southeast Asia and China to support the development of sustainable education projects. AEA Laos is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Country Programme Director to lead and carry out programmes development and implementation in Laos.
Programme development and Implementation
- Lead annual programme planning and budgeting of the country programme and provide overall management and coordination of programmes implementations to ensure high quality delivery;
- Ensure strategic engagement and partnership-building and fundraising with relevant national and international stakeholders on education and related issues;
- Initiate project design in response to different call for proposals and contribute to the implementation of regional and global fundraising strategies;
- Promote a culture in the offices that reflects empowerment of staff, matrix working oversight, drive for continuous innovation, high performance with strong commitment and passion for AEAI’s vision, mission, core values and high accountability;
- Lead, develop, and motivate staff in the fluid working environment with flexibility of direct reporting and functional lines but maintain effective delivery of programme results;
- Responsible for administration of all hosted staff located in AEAI Laos office.
Qualification and Skills Requirements:
- A degree in the field of education, social science, or related disciplines preferably at Master’s level with at least ten (10) years working experience in related fields. Experience with development projects and/or INGOs would be an advantage; preferably in Education;
- Proven operational management experience;
- Understanding Laos education system, society, culture, socio-economic, development issues, political situation, political situation and the country’s relationship and significance in the wider region;
- Communications, public speaking and negotiation, problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict and risk;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Lao;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Experienced in Institutional Funding is preferred.
1. Duty Location: Vientiane, Laos with occasional travel to the provinces and other countries.
2. Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension.
3. Expected starting date: As soon as possible.
AEA provides an attractive salary and other benefits. Interested applicants should submit an application letter and a Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Aide et Action Laos, No 195, Phonexay village, Xaysettha district, Vientiane capital, Lao PDR; P.O. Box : 11019, Tel: (856-21) 263 432; Fax: (856-21) 263 432; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application documents will be treated confidentially and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note that previous applicants for this role during the initial announcement need not apply.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of the application letter and CV is 28th March 2018, and submitted documents will not be returned to the candidates.