Plan International is growing!
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated development professionals interested in long term careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 countries. In Laos, Plan works in Bokeo, Oudomxay and Saravan Provinces, in basic education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, and promotion of children’s rights. Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org for more information.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
Public Health Programme Assistant, Base in Vientiane Capital (Lao National)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate general interaction among Public health staff and counterparts and assist in liaising with relevant national government counterparts.
• Assist in the preparation of a wide variety of administrative documents and for the PH teams in close cooperation with the Administrative and program officers
• Follow up and coordinate with HR, finance and admin staff for timely procurements and payments of partners, consultants, suppliers and others
• Assist to arrange air, bus tickets and other logistics related to travels within and outside county for programme staff
• Maintain the PH filing (hard-copies and on the office server) and relevant databases
• Assist to create project outline and monitor the project expenses in SAP system for Public Health Program activities at the national level.
• Support project in 3 provincials as required from managers
• Graduate degree or equivalent experience in administration or relevant sector
• Experience coordinating with government counterparts and INGOs in Laos
• Excellent written and spoken English and Lao
• High level of organization skills
• Good computer skills in Office applications
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS:
• Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
• Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
• Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
• Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
• Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 17th April 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POST:
Send your resume/CV, with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees including salary expectations for each position, to Plan International Laos, PO Box 6026, Vientiane, Lao PDR, or to PlanLaos.JobVacancies@plan-international.org,
Please state in cover letter how you learned about the job – through emails, newspapers, INGO Directory, Job Today website, or friends.