German-Lao Association Objectives
- To develop a partnership for development between Germany and Laos for grass root participative development initiatives
- To strengthen the capacity of communities through identifying and addressing their needs whilst emphasizing the Millennium Development Goals (poverty eradication, water, education, gender equality and health)
- To strengthen the capacity of Government counterparts and NPA staff members involved in rural community development through designated trainings and study tours
- To promote cultural exchange activities between Germany and Laos
GLAD is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Lao national who is flexible, effective team worker and can demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
Post title: Finance Officer
Duty station: Vientiane
Keys duties and responsibilities
- Prepare Financial report to Donors according to donor format
- Monitor and follow up budget for all projects
- Prepare fund request from donors according to the need of projects
- Ensure that budget holders follow the finance policy and guideline from donors
- Check all expenditures have valid and sufficient backing documents, ensure financial guideline and accounting rules are applied e,g cost norms
- Monitor income and expenditure for GLAD project
- Maintain and monitor individual Account Receivable and Account Payable and ensure they are updated on monthly basis.
- Prepare the statement of income and expenditure, assets and liabilities and cash flow, if any for the auditing purpose.
- Prepare and provide general ledgers e.g expenditure and income of all projects, account payable and receivable to the auditor. Ensuring the accuracy and validity of the information
- Prepare monthly financial report to GLAD representative.
Competencies and qualification
- 3 years working experience in the field of finance or related field
- Experience from working in an international organisation and in a multi-cultural office environment preferable
- University degree on finance or related field
- Excellent skills on the accounting
- Good understanding of accounting
- Negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of local level issues
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and after-hours
- Able to travel to project area
- Proven integrity and positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
Interested candidates should submit a CV with an accompanying letter demonstrates that you have the above competencies, relevant educational certificates and names of two professional referees to GLAD Representative by mail: email@example.com
Application deadline is May 31, 2018.
Interviews will take place during the second week of June 2018. Applications will be treated confidentially. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Application forms will not be returned.