Plan International is growing!
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated development professionals interested in long term careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 countries. In Laos, Plan works in Bokeo, Oudomxay and Saravan Provinces, in basic education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, and promotion of children’s rights. Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org for more information.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
Public Health Project Manager based in Vientiane capital
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of project activities in the provinces and make sure that the activities are implemented on time and in compliance with approved plans
- Review and approve monthly programme work plans of the Provincial Public Health Managers and ensure they are in line with annual work plans and project and programme priorities
- Ensure that the monitoring framework and system are implemented on a regular and consistent basis and findings are used to inform subsequent plans
- Prepare, implement and review an annual procurement plan for projects
- Prepare report to donors
Skills, qualifications, experience
- Advanced degree in a related field (Medicine, public health or nutrition preferred)
- At least 5 years WASH/MNCHN project management experience in Lao PDR, including demonstrated experience and skills in community based hygiene promotion approaches, e.g. PHAST, CLTS
- At least 5 years’ experience in community development/community health projects
- Experience in project management, including financial management of projects
- Ability to speak English well, ability to read and write English, excellent reading, writing and speaking skills in Lao.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS:
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30th May 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POST:
Send your resume/CV, with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees including salary expectations for each position, to Plan International Laos, PO Box 6026, Vientiane, Lao PDR, or to PlanLaos.JobVacancies@plan-international.org,
Please state in cover letter how you learned about the job