SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1,250 staffs in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
Vacancy Announcement (re-advertising)
Fund Raiser SNV in Asia
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic Fund Raiser/Business Development professional to work with our teams in Asia (Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Indonesia) and our Global Business Development/Fund Raising team in the Netherlands. SNV is recruiting an individual who will thrive in a fast paced, competitive environment, with a strong and successful fund raising/business development track record.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track opportunities on procurement sites and through in-country intelligence gathering, sharing relevant information with SNV Country Offices in Asia;
- Liaise closely with and respond to queries from sector leaders and advisors, global sector teams and country offices;
- Serve as capture manager on select opportunities, including gathering market intelligence and information, pre-positioning, partner identification, matching SNV’s products and profile with opportunity requirements, producing opportunity assessments/capture plans, facilitating well informed go/no go decisions, and strategically positioning the organization on priority opportunities;
- Serve as proposal manager on select opportunities, overseeing all aspects of proposal preparation and submission, including facilitating well informed bid/no bid decisions; recruiting (preparing TORs, coordinating vacancy announcements for potential positions, collecting CVs, executing letters of commitment); drafting project references/past performance; leading partner negotiations and developing teaming/partnering agreements; coordinating the effective and timely inputs of proposal team members and partners; writing non-technical content; editing; ensuring budget and proposal compliance; and coordinating submission;
- Drive contract negotiations and process with funders and partners, liaising with SNV Asia Country Offices, the Global Support Unit, technical experts; and
- Ensure a smooth handover of signed agreements to the country and project teams responsible for implementation.
· Qualification (degree/post graduate) in international development, international business, or related technical field of expertise;
- 3-5 years of work experience in business development and institutional fundraising in an international non-profit or consultancy firm is highly desired;
- Understanding of funding mechanisms and procedures of bi-laterals such as DFID, DFAT, SDC, multilateral agencies such as the EU and multi-lateral development banks (Asian Development Bank and World Bank); knowledge and experience of funding mechanisms such as GCF and/ or “blended finance” and commercial finance opportunities highly desirable;
- Proven track record of planning and leading successful multi-million euro proposal submissions;
- High level of commercial acumen, able to assess what it takes to win, and to lead on commercial elements of the bid, including pricing and value for money;
- Proactive work approach, with attention to detail, and able to support multiple and shifting demands and deadlines. Comfortable working in virtual teams in an international, multi-cultural setting; prepared to travel in the region;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required;
- Prior work experience in Asia is desirable.
Contract Type: Local consultancy contract
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vientiane or Phnom Penh
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive remuneration. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before 15 March 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement