World Vision Lao, a non-profit Christian Humanitarian Organization, committed to working with the poor and vulnerable.
OPEN TO LAO NATIONAL ONLY
WORK LOCATION- VIENTIANE CAPITAL
POSITION TITLE – GRAPHIC DESIGNER & MARKETING ACQUISITION
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the growth of World Vision in Laos continues, it is important that the WV brand, key messages, and communications to internal and external audiences are at the highest quality.
To achieve the high quality of all World Vision’s communication materials, the GDC Officer must partner closely with all projects, departments and operations and coordinate with external suppliers. Advising and giving input in development at the planning stage for IEC, campaigns, social media, events, and project communications.
The GDC Officer will lead in the development of high quality organisational communication materials such as the ADR, APR, promotional materials, billboards and fact-sheets.
The GDC Officer r will be responsible for the promotion of the WV Brand identity in Laos, ensuring the any public representation of WV aligns to the donors, WV International requirements and is consistent across Laos.
The GDC Officer will provide quality control and oversight to the design work carried out by the Communication & Grants Fund Project sitting in the operations offices in 13 districts across Laos.
KEY OBJECTIVES: The position is accountable for the following
- Partner with departments and sectors of WVL in the development and implementation of a unique and integrated communications strategy and plan for different stakeholders (aligned to Our Promise 2030, the new WV Partnership Branding strategy, the new WVL strategy 2019-2021 and to donor strategies)
- Lead the design and production of high-quality national-level communications collaterals
- Support grant projects to complete and comply with donor visibility plans
- Support the community pledge communication products
- Lead in the World Vision brand identity and management in Laos (identify key messages of added values, and set up and implement an integrated visibility and communication strategy for the different stakeholders SO, donors, Government of Laos, etc…
- Develop a new visibility package to be distributed to external stakeholders according to the above integrated visibility and communication strategy
- Support the development of the community pledge products, such as but not limited to provide motion graphic design and animations for video productions
- Manage the design and production of all printed and online organisational communications, such as but not limited to: Child Well-Being Report, Sector Fact-sheets, Poster, Banner-stand, iBooks, Folder, Country Fact-sheets, Brochures, Social Media, Website, social media environments, etc.
- Liaise and manage relationships with external partners such as printing houses, media buyers, events companies, advertisers, newspapers and magazines
- Design compelling communications collateral for high-level campaigns, projects, initiatives, promotions and advertising, in partnership with departments, sectors and projects, provide advice and communications planning in order to achieve appropriate, cost-efficient, high quality and high impact collateral.
- Support in M&E digital system
- Proactively seek opportunities to raise the profile of WVL.
- Manage the design and production of non-printed promotional merchandise.
- Support Public Engagement department priority.
- Initiate partnering working models with various departments and sectors of WVL
- The World Vision brand and identity in Laos is promoted and increasingly recognised in the public space. The brand is consistent across Laos and aligns with WV International standards and guidelines
- All national-level communications collateral that appears in campaigns, advertising, project and sector IEC materials, and organisational communications are consistently high quality and achieve high impact
- Support Grant Fund Project grant projects to complete and comply with donor visibility plans
- Support for the Community Pledge Product
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree in Graphic Design, Journalism, Communications, Media or related field (proven experience is accepted in lieu of the educational requirements) Technology Information
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills (English and Lao)
- Excellent level with software for design such as Adobe CS, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Excellent eye for clear graphic design, capacity in design and layout work
- Experience in producing design and animation elements for video production
- Send samples of previous work in graphic design
Interested candidates are invited to submit a COVER LETTER and CV to the address below. Please indicate the POSITION TITLE. Deadline for application is 09 March 2019, however applicants are encouraged to apply early as applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mail: People and Culture Department
P.O. Box 312 Vientiane 01005